Thursday, January 29, 2009

Hip Hop...Til Death Do Us Part


Music is definetly the soundtrack to life from my experience, any good music I have enjoyed over my years I always remember a lot about that time of my life when listening to it. I'm sure thats the same case with a lot of you.

The early 90's of Hip Hop definetly takes me back to the days of hiding my tapes all over my room, so my mom wouldn't find them lol, or my cousin sneaking me Mixtapes he made just for me...Which I still have the 1st "real Hip Hop Tape" he ever made me that I kept to this day...which is simply titled "rap" on the front of the tape lol.

Public Enemy, EPMD, Rakim & LL were just a few off that tape that blew my mind when I first threw it on!
When other kids where collecting hockey cards and playing marbles, I was trying to show off my Public Enemy Apocalypse 91 Tape, which wasn't a big hit with most 9 & 10 year old kids on my block lol

I was introduced to music at a very young age & loved all types of stuff, Elton john, Michael Jackson(what kid didn't?!), and even some Rod Stewart lol (cant believe I just admitted that)
That was just a few things I was bumpin for a short time before I really just fell in love with Hip Hop fully...whatever I was exposed to I took in.

It's hard for me to go along with the popular phrase "Hip Hop Is Dead"
when I've loved it thru the good & bad, I feel like its kind of a marriage and Hip Hop is that girl I fell in love with almost 20 yrs ago...I basically met her, instantly was infacuated with her, spent many long days & nights with her, got to know the girl real well and shortly after just fell right in love with her...

Shes been there thru good & bad times...she has changed a lot over the years but we grow together. Shes pretty much the one thing that stuck by me in life when so many people in it can let you down or be dissapointing...suuure shes messed up at times, running her mouth about stupidness lol, and somtimes annoyed me to the point where I wanted to leave....but I can't! i'm to deeply in love with this thing we call "Hip Hop" that I met around the age of 9.

Everytime I think we lost our spark & she has no more to offer, she comes up with somthing to keep me around...some might laugh and say woooah, this dude takes his music tooooo serious! lol but I do and I admit that anyday!

Now that I have the pleasure of creating it on some level the love is stronger...this is why my music is real & from the heart...If you can't respect this, all goooodie with me...not everyone will feel your vibe or be a fan but if I can speak to a few thru music I'm content with that...one thing "Sha Prince" brings is truth & knowledge to the art I'm not just a artist i'm a fan of the music just trying to put out stuff I wish I could hear on a regular basis...so try and stick around while I tell my story from my first mixtape given to me by my cousin to my own mixtape I'm working on now...stay tuned!

VISIBLE CONCEPTS DROPPIN SOOOOON!

myspace.com/sha2daprince
Sha Prince Facebook Group!

No comments:

Post a Comment